Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

2008 New Year's Eve was officially the most boring New Year's Eve for me on record.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it felt really forced.  I made way too much food and found myself at 9:30 on the couch by myself watching Clueless for the 20th time.  Robert was hiding out somewhere in the house and Nick was in his room watching "his" TV.  We had watched a movie together earlier, but I think we started too early in the evening and then the time dragged by.  We finally made it up to midnight to toast the new year, but it just seems kind of silly when all you want to do is go to bed.  I was asleep by 12:15.  Of course, Taylor was the only one with plans and was at a lock-in at her dance studio.  She didn't sleep all night so we are looking forward to a full day of cranky!!  I might suddenly remember a very important thing I have to do out of the house.  It is nice not to have anything at all to do for a change.  Unless you count all these Christmas decorations that are still up.  They've been here so long that I can't even see them anymore.  Good thing because if they were still up, I would need to take them down today but since I can't see them, I really have nothing to do today at all.  Happy New Year! 

No comments: