Monday, December 1, 2008

Smelly Washer to the rescue

For the past couple of months, I've been discussing with anyone who would listen and where it was appropriate, the problem with my smelly front-loading washer.  No one I spoke with seemed to have the same problem, and would look at me like I smell my fingers and don't shave my armpits.  My towels were coming out with a certain grossness to them, and no it wasn't because I didn't move them along to the dryer in a timely manner.  It also didn't make my clothes smell, just my towels.  So, I went on the offense.  I ran the cycle with bleach in hot water with nothing in it, and that seemed to fix the problem.  Until you ran your next load of laundry.  The smell was back.  You can leave the door ajar so it dries out completely, but more than once I almost impaled myself running by there with a load of groceries and getting caught by the door.  Also, I am a bit incredulous that I spend that much money on an appliance only to have to rig it not to smell.  The Internet to the rescue.  One of my favorite blogs I read, adbpbt, had an entry on just this problem http://www.abdpbt.com/?p=315.  I guess I'm not crazy after all.  I guess I do shave my armpits. 

The product is called Smelly Washer and I have some on order.  Will let you know the outcome.  Glad none of you have the same problem...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem--towels only--and so does my Mom. Help! Let me know if the stuff you purchased works! Krys

Suzanne-Michele said...

OMG! Me too! I just found your blog while googling "smelly frontloader washer". Please let us know how this works!