Friday, December 19, 2008

The office potluck - Ew

If you are like me, you loathe the office potluck.  You have no idea how clean these people are or if they spit in the food before they bring it because they hate everyone in the office.  You can't tell but if you think about it too long, you can make your mouth water like you're going to puke.  Robert is a HUGE germaphobe and this stuff makes him crazy.  I have some of my baking treats left and asked him if people were going to be in the office today so I could send them with him. My training starts when I get back and I don't want anything left in the house. Oh yeah, that's when he mentions they are having a pot luck today.  Now Robert fancies himself quite the cook, so I'm sure these people are expecting some delicious Italian dish made with homemade meatballs, etc.  I said when were you planning on telling me?  Before or after you started to head to the garage.  He was just going to throw someone a $20 and have them get a pizza.  Don't you hate guys like that?  They bring the plastic cups while you go home after a 14 hour day and still manage to whip up a delicious dish to share.  Lucky for him, I have my 50% success baking items ready to go.  Here was the final tray.  Not bad for 15 minutes notice.

holiday treats

What looks like cheese is actually lemon squares, plus toffee, cranberry bread, and chocolate dipped pretzels.  I could tell you I always have this much stuff lying around ready for an office potluck at a moment's notice, but I'd be lying.  I promise I didn't spit in anything, and that annoying nose drip seems to be clearing up, thanks for asking. 

 

Snow pic from the other day. 

tay snow

I'm going to be in Missouri starting tomorrow with no Internet access and not near enough red wine.  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Will try to post what I can.  It's usually pretty good material.  If not, Merry Christmas and I hope everyone's holiday is filled with priceless memories that you will carry with you forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to welcome you to the Show-Me state. Red wine is flowing in abundance at our house so feel free to stop by should you need replenishing. We have a cozy guest room waiting for you if you should overindulge!

Tara said...

Ok so I was wondering where your baking skills were when I was there?????

Anonymous said...

That sure looks like fruitcake to me--you can call it what you want!
Krys

Anonymous said...

I remember a potluck, cornbread salad and a missing finger nail!