Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Overheard in the Charlotte Airport (or maybe it was the Providence Airport or Springfield Airport or Detroit Airport)

Woman: Would you like something to eat?

Man: No

Woman: Are you sure.  I will go get in line.  I can get something for you while I'm there.

Man: I told you that I don't want anything to eat.  Now, go stand in line if you want but I'm not eating.

(said simultaneously)

Me: What an asshole.

Robert:  Did you hear her nagging at him?

This is that whole Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars or some such nonsense.  I'm sure that woman was just trying to be nice to get his lazy ass something to eat as she's probably had to do for the past 30 years.  I'm also sure that he was totally unaware that he probably had a 5 hour flight ahead and won't get so much as a peanut on the flight.  If I were betting, I would guess that she probably stopped at the airport shop and bought him a snack in case he gets hungry.  Oh, to have a wife.  I could put up with a little nagging to make sure someone always had snacks for me on the plane.  Since having children, my selective hearing is fine tuned so I think I'm all set.  MAIL ORDER BRIDE: Looking for someone to cook, clean, run household, bear and raise children, do handyman work, be creative, bake the office potluck, and bring in half of the household income.  Not to mention "wifely duties."  Geez, how do they get away with it?

No comments: