Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Still not good after 60 years

In an attempt to analyze the creativity of the parent, Taylor's class has been assigned to construct an Indian Village.  She drew the Aztec's, which was lucky for me because you know there is more information out there about the Aztec's than the Inuits.  So, we have been researching and gathering material to construct the masterpiece.  Now, it is not actually due until the 1st, but I'm leaving town tomorrow for Philadelphia, and we all know that most fathers are not good at these projects.  So, we started hammering it out.  Here is the final copy:

indian village upright \

I know there is no way you can appreciate the amount of time and energy that went into this.  The picture isn't great but do you see the garden on the left with the little corn and pumpkins made of clay?  Need a closer look?

 indian garden

We decided to make the pyramid out of Legos.  OMG.  I guess my kids never played with them because I would've know before now that THEY ARE EVIL!  This has got to be the most frustrating thing ever invented.  By the time you get it the shape you want, a row comes loose and the whole thing collapses.  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  Only after using super glue to hold it together did we get it to a stage to spray paint. 

lego

We decided to sacrifice this little guy.  I would've added the inventor of Legos as well if I knew where to find him.  If you have little kids and have not introduced them to Legos, I wouldn't advise it.  In addition to stepping on the little sharp edges in bare feet in the middle of the night, you are just asking for your little person to want to construct a noose to hang themselves. These things have been on the market for almost 60 years frustrating little children everywhere.

I have about $60 in materials, and will be willing to sell it after October 3rd for $75.  Shipping not included.

No comments: