Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hoochifying Baby Gravy

I've had this present for Baby Gravy sitting on my kitchen table for 2 weeks.  The plan was to round out the present, get something for Sister, pack it and mail it.  As I said, the present is still sitting here because all that sounded overwhelming.  I saw these on a segment on the Today Show and had to have them.  I thought they were really funny and that Krys would get a kick out of it.  Little did I know, apparently based on public outcry, these things have the ability to turn your child into a Hoochie Baby.  They are called Heelarious, and were designed by two mothers who are now getting rich, and a bunch of crap. 

heelarious

heelarious1

Before you get all worked up, the heel is collapsible and it is not intended for walking babies.  The size is 0-6 months.  These little shoes, supposed to bring a smile to everyone's face, have brought on complete public outrage.  I've listed some of my favorite comments below:

  • One more reason Muslims and others will see American culture as the worst example of promiscuity and sexual obsession on earth. Shame on us!
  • The very people who promote these sexually provocative clothes for little girls are shocked when perverts are attracted to their children and somehow surprised when young "ladies" they know end up behaving like adults when they are nine.
  • What a ridiculous waste of money! We, as human beings of this generation, have become so gullible and so easily influenced as to how to spend our money that instead of buying things to meet our needs, we are now brain-washed into thinking spending money to create a ridiculous thing like baby heels that people will pay for just to stand out is justified and is just "silly fun". Really people, we need to get a clue! First deep-fried coke in an age of obesity, now baby-heels in an age of over consumption and over-sexualization...what next?
  • Hoochifying an infant is as depraved as one can get.

Could everyone just relax?  I've written about it before but do we need to judge everything everyone does and says?  Hey Internet, can't we just have a little "silly fun?"

I'm sorry if I've condemned Baby Gravy to a life of stripping.  Good thing I live in Las Vegas and can give her a place to stay. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you live in Vegas and my Gravy can live free while stripping....I did see this on the Today show last week and sure am glad the heel is collapsable--what a relief!

Momma Hooch