Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Grind -

I made a great dinner last night.  I watched some guy make it on the Today Show and here is a link to the recipe Joe Bastianich’s healthy white bean stew.  However, the recipe that is posted and what he did on the show was a little different.  He used sausage, and while I'm not a huge fan, I did put in some chicken sausage instead.  Not as much fat, but still some of the flavor.  I wanted to use shredded chicken but someone in the house thought it would be too bland.  Sigh.  I deviated from the recipe a little because I sauteed the sausage, added pepper, green pepper, and onion before the garlic and then picked up the recipe from there.  Oh, and the Swiss chard?  Shut up and eat it already.  It is delicious.  I also never use as much oil as they say.  Just enough not the burn or stick the veggies while they saute.  The recipe only has 274 calories per serving if you use no meat.  They also have turkey sausage which isn't bad either.  I usually get the ones that have the hot pepper in them.  Great vegetarian dish sans sausage.  Bon Appetit!

Tasty!  I highly recommend this dish!

No comments: