Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Grind - Wednesday

Lime and Honey Glazed Salmon, Risotto Cakes, and Roasted Cauliflower with Herbed Breadcrumbs. 

The salmon recipe called for the salmon to be cooked with rice and broccolini in the same pan.  I hate broccoli.  Even if they try to dress it up by using other cute little names like broccolini.  Still smells like gas when you cook it.  I just did the salmon by itself with the lime and honey glaze.  You can click above for the recipe.  It was Yummy!

For the risotto cakes, you take your leftover risotto, push a little buffalo mozzarella ball in the middle of it, and form a little patty about 1/2 inch thick.  Make sure the cheese is covered.  Dredge patties in flour and place on a baking sheet in fridge for 15 min.  Heat 1 T extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until it sizzles when a pinch of flour is added.  Dredge patties in flour again.  Fry until golden brown and warmed through, about 10 minutes.

I love roasting veggies at high heat.  It is my favorite way to cook them.  The only way broccoli is tolerated.  For the cauliflower, I preheated the oven to 450, tossed the cauliflower with a little olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked for about 15 minutes.  I like my veggies a little crunchy, so you might have to cook them longer depending on your taste.  Meanwhile, I took about 1 cup panko breadcrumbs and 2 chopped garlic cloves and roasted them over medium heat with a little bit of oil.  Once the crumbs browned, I added some thyme and the grated zest of a lemon.  After the cauliflower was finished, I sprinkled it with the juice of the lemon and added it to the breadcrumbs.  Big hit with the kids!

Tonight?  Going out.  Family in town for a big 21st birthday - Happy Birthday, Brad! 

1 comment:

Lesley Noe said...

Wish I could have been there!