Sunday, October 25, 2009

Everyone has one

Have you noticed how many of my stories come from Albertsons?  Could that be because that is where I spend the majority of my free time?  I should write a book on my adventures at the grocery.

I'm there the other day buying groceries, and we come to the wine.  Sweet, life-giving, sanity-keeping wine.  The checker asks me for my ID.  Ha!  Love it when that happens.  She then says, "Girl, you look really good for your age.  Except I like your hair color better in your license picture.  Maybe you should think about having it that color again."  Wow.  Really?  Couldn't we just end with how good I look for my age?  It would be different if I had asked her opinion on my hair color.  However, I didn't.  This may come as a shock, but rarely do I engage in much conversation other than the weather, groceries, kids, work, etc.  Light conversation.  Little did I know I should be voicing my displeasure with the checker's hair style, hair color, or their choice of smock for the day.  Maybe I could ask if they had sex last night, if it was any good, and maybe my opinion on why it wasn't satisfactory.  How would you like them apples?

Always remember, opinions are like assholes.  Everyone has one.

There was no Grind for Thursday - Saturday. Yippee.  We had dinner out with the family on Thursday, and Friday and Saturday were spent either getting ready for or working in a haunted house.  Details later. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I Love You!!!!!

Lori