Saturday, April 11, 2009

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WEATHER??????

It is almost mid-April which means we should be settling into some 90ish days of sweltering heat and dry as a bone conditions.  I'm getting ready to go take a quick dip in the lake in the 40 degree temperature with sheets of rain and wind that would make a Kansas wind be embarrassed.  Ugh.  My triathlon is next week and we have trained in some of the crappiest conditions.  I know, best to train in them so you're prepared, blah blah blah.  Would it have killed Mother Nature to give us 1 weekend of 80 degrees and sunny?  Since that is the forecast for the race, we haven't actually trained in those conditions.  OMG, I'm going to be completely screwed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be OK no matter what the weather! Better to train in the harsh conditions so you will KICK ASS during the actual event--Good Luck Sister!--Krys

alexis said...

Wow!!! I am so proud of you doing this triathalon!!!! I wish I was back in shape........as for the weather, I am currently unemployed which means, I should have time to do things that I always put off like....working in the yard, working out, just getting outside to be outside and this darn weather....uggggghhhhh!!!!!I hear you loud and clear!!!!alexis