Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guest Blogger - Krys!

Since I am on the road so much, if anyone would like to guest blog, you are always more than welcome.  Of course, if it is effusive about me, it gets posted quickly.  I promise I did not pay Krys to say this.  I was very humbled.  Also, I am planning another triathlon fundraising with Team in Training to go to Austin in May 2010.  If you are interested in either Team in Training or just meeting up at the race, let me know.  It would be a great time!!

Guest Blogger - Krys

Little do most of you know that our Melissa has never been an athlete, ever, in her life--until recently.  I have a bunk knee and many more sports related injuries from all my younger sporting days and we both laugh that she is starting with a fresh set of 'everything' as she never was that sporting type of gal.  But by golly she has always had the determination, vigor and ability to do and get whatever she wants/needs.  And obviously, she wanted/needed to do this triathlon for Sandi.  Don't get me wrong, she accomplishes so much more than you could ever know in the career field and in motherhood--those come easy for this remarkable woman (And she is teaching me as I go in the mothering category, a very trusted source.  Good thing she is going through the teen years before me, huh?)  I couldn't imagine losing one of my sisters but she has endured through a few of family tragedies and is still one of the strongest and endearing people I know.  I know my family counts her as part of our crazy bunch as well so really, she has another 4 (well really 3 if you know what I mean) that are here for you.

Melissa, I am encouraged, so proud of you and very glad you are my bestest buddy.  When you told me you are going to train for the BIG girl triathlon next, it made me want to swim and bike as well (I am currently a runner).  Maybe next time we could do it together?  Let's talk girly!  (Especially about equipment as my gym shorts probably won't get me through the course.)  YOU WILL GO FAR my friend...........God rest, sister Sandi. Peace--Krys

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, I am limping due to the continuous status of my right knee--ran 4 miles today and went to walk another and couldn't even put my foot down -- not sure what went wrong but just call me 'Vicadina' right now--this too shall pass (I hope)--Krys

Anonymous said...

Yep, I would like to chime in and say I count Melissa as one of the Shaw sisters. And I also want to say that as a guest blogger one should never ever use the phrase "by golly". Or just never use the phrase period. Who are you anyway, Aunt Bea?
Ginny