Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

While I should have been packing, shopping, getting a pedi, going to the store, and doing laundry, I opted to get sucked into a movie.  Not just any little ole movie, but a four-hour cinematography masterpiece.  Since it is Easter, it was the Oscar winning Ben-Hur.  It was a great movie.  Seriously, one of the most entertaining films I've seen in my life, but it was deliciously long.  Not a great day for it since I'm trying to leave town and it is a holiday.  I had a few other things I needed to do.  Reminded me of the time when friends from college decided they would watch a movie before studying for their tests, and ended up renting the Godfather trilogy.  They pulled an all nighter all right, but just watching the movies.  I don't think any studying actually happened.

Robert always makes fun of me because I like to watch the same movies over and over.  Nothing better than turning on the TV and finding Independence Day on for the 10,000th time, or 16 Candles, or my all-time favorite, Twister.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Just because I know the dialogue verbatim doesn't make me a bad person.  Just lazy.  Of course I could find a movie I haven't seen before but the other is a sure thing.  Is it just me who does this?  Some of my favorite movies to watch over and over include:

  1. The Devil Wears Prada
  2. Twister
  3. Independence Day
  4. Step Up
  5. 16 Candles
  6. Shawshank Redemption
  7. Father of the Bride
  8. Urban Cowboy
  9. Last Holiday
  10. Juno
  11. The Game
  12. Breakfast Club
  13. Silence of the Lambs
  14. Love Actually
  15. Legally Blonde
  16. Fever Pitch
  17. The King and I
  18. Grease
  19. Sixth Sense
  20. Almost Famous

What's on your over and over list? 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

My husband won't watch Sixteen Candles with me because I can (and do) quote the entire movie. I use quotes from it in my daily life even. I find many movie quotes work well in everyday life.

The last time I was sick my husband was a good sport and watched The Devil Wears Prada with me. What a guy!

Anonymous said...

Caddyshack, Stripes, Night Shift ("Feed the Tuna Mayonaise"), Office Space, Clerks, All the Monty Python movies, The Tao of Steve, Shrek 1 & 2 & 3, Gran Torino, St. Elmo's Fire, Forgetting Sarah Marshall---more will hit me when I hit enter!--Krys

Anonymous said...

I love Legends of the Fall.....the scenery is amazing...Brad's not too bad either and my all time fav Annie......and sometimes I tell my kids...see...you really don't have it that bad!!!!!!LOL!!!!