Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tip of the Day

I got in a really bad habit of going to the store everyday while I was consulting unemployed.  So, this weekend I decided to get ingredients for 4 dinners.  I have all the ingredients and have prepared two of those dinners.  I have all these ingredients for the third dinner such as ancho chile powder, red jalapenos, and pork tenderloin.  I can't find the recipe.  I've looked through magazines, websites, etc. but can't come up with anything that looks familiar.  Oh, I can wing it but how obnoxious is it when you finally try to get organized only to sabotage yourself? 

Tip of the Day:  On your weekly meal planner, write down the reference for the damn recipe.

Note:  The April issue of Bon Appetit has a recipe for Five Spice Chicken which would've been lovely except it called for 2 Tablespoons of salt.  When I read this, I gave pause.  Sure seemed like a lot of salt.  I read the recipe a couple of times, and it was Tablespoons, not teaspoons.  So, I followed the recipe.  Needless to say, I threw away 3 1/2 pounds of chicken.  So, if you happen to make this recipe, I would go with the teaspoons.

No comments: