Monday, March 23, 2009

Super Sunny at Albertsons

I couldn't decide whether to name this, "Tales from the Grocery" or the above title.  You decide.  Since I have spent the majority of my adult life at the grocery store, I have many observations and tales from the store.  This is what I observed yesterday.

The first time I saw it, I thought, "Ugh.  Who does she think she is?"  In the next isle with a different woman, I thought, "Maybe she's been crying."  The next FIVE women I noticed, making the total seven, I thought, "You have got to be effing kidding me."  Apparently, the women of Summerlin have decided that it is ok to wear your sunglasses inside the grocery store while shopping.  Really?  It's not ok.  First of all, how to you shop in the dark?  If you are using the glasses to hide little imperfections like bruises from Botox, or trying to hide your dilated eyes from drug use, I'm all for it.  But just because you think it's cool?  Please.  Just so you know, everyone thinks you have a black eye, or are drunk and stoned.  Oh, and the best part?  It was raining outside rendering the sunglasses  unnecessary outdoors as well. 

I am all for props at the store, but only ones that enhance your shopping experience.  I recently started using my iPod at the store.  Let me tell you why.  Have you ever noticed how depressing the music is at the grocery?  There have been several occasions where I have actually had tears in my eyes from the constant stream of depressing music.  My theory is that you will get so depressed that you will want to eat.  You will remember you suddenly need that gallon of Haagen Dasz, those chips, and that cheese dip.  Right?  I'm totally on to them.  So, I've been taking my music to the store and happily passing by the ice cream and chips.  My cart actually steers itself right to the broccoli. 

Is the sunglass thing a trend or just the stupid town/neighborhood where I I live? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just where u live on the women, however, on occasion, there r men/boys in my store who r either A)buying something not very manly or B) yes, they are medicated/stoned with sunglasses. But mostly old ladies with the total face sunglasses on that don't realize they are still on.
Krys