Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Taylor was flipping through Costume Express last night in a desperate attempt to finalize her Halloween costume choices down to ten, and ran across a photo of the Cuddly Lion Costume.  She came in and asked if she had ever been in a magazine when she was a baby and showed me the picture and it looked just like her.  I tried to find a picture of her at about the same age to show the resemblance and it is damn close.  Do you think someone in charge of the magazine asks their employees to bring in photos of families and friends and Photoshops a costume on them?  Would save quite a bit of money on modeling fees. 

taylor magazine

Quick question.  What 10-year-old girl would look that closely at a photo of a baby and then make the connection?  She might be a little egocentric.  So, she cuts out the picture and puts in on her bulletin board?  Why, you might ask?  I'm betting that when her friends come over, she will tell them it is her and she modeled in her younger days.  Why do I think that?  Take a look at all these trophies in her room:

trophies

THEY AREN'T HERS.  They were going to throw them out at Dance and she took them home.  I had the conversation that it was important to earn them and people had worked really hard to get such a great reward.  Um, nah, it's easier to get them from the dumpster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the trophy thing is hilarious. I have a feeling I'd love Taylor if I ever met her. What a crack-up.

Anonymous said...

Interesting..! My son also want a lion costume for this Halloween.

Anonymous said...

FOR THE RECORD IT WAS A TINY REWARD FOR DOING A WEEK LONG ACTING CAMP!!! I ALSO NEVER TOLD MY FRIENDS THAT I MODELED WHEN I WAS A BABY!!! WHAT I GET FROM THIS MOM IS THAT YOU ARE A LIAR-LIAR PANTS ON FIRE SO HA!!!!!

OH YAY!