Monday, October 20, 2008

Why I never had pets, Chapter 1

I was the last of 5 kids in the house, so by the time I came around, the party was over.  There were no more pets, there was no dance lessons, there was no gymnastics, there was no doing anything that someone hadn't done before.  The family had a dog for 13 years, and that was it.  The dog was long dead by the time I came around, but I got to see pictures. I had the occasional hamster, turtle, wild rabbit, etc. but no dog.  Now, why would the woman allow a wild rabbit that I found in the backyard but not allow other pets?  That rabbit unfortunately jumped ALL the way down the stairs and woke up really stiff the next day.  When I remarried, I came with 2 kids and he came with a cat.  I'm really allergic to cats but we have found a way to coexist over the years.  I have constant nasal problems, runny nose, and watery eyes, and the cat get to put his ass all over my house.  Not having grown up with children and pretty much being left alone for 13 years since Robert worked all the time, Enzo is extremely tolerant.  One of my favorite things to do is dress him up.  He doesn't care for it so much but I LOVE IT!  So, his Halloween costume this year is a Turkey. 

enzo halloween 2

enzo halloween 1

I only had time for the head but Halloween is still a week and a half away.  Fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK animals are our friends (even if you are allergic) and it degrading to them to be dressed up like a turkey. Enough of my PETA add. Hysterical! Kinda like Jack dressed up in a tux at our wedding!
Ginny

Anonymous said...

I wish you could see my dog Lucy's costume this year. It is a black tee shirt with a decal that says "Hello, my name is DOG" like a nametag. Complete with a Gilligan sytle white hat and voila!...you have a semi-pet Halloween costume! (Not sure what she is but kinda funny! Krys

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!!!
~michelle