Friday, October 10, 2008

What the eff is it?

lrc2

 hrc1

Why, it's the Large Hadron Collider, of course.  This is project month at the Day School and this is Nick's social studies project.  It lights up.  Now, most people would have the proper tools to make this and it wouldn't take that long.  No, we have to cut each hole in the thick plastic with kitchen knives, and I have the bloody stumps to prove it.  It has also taken us hours to complete.  About 3/4 of the way through, I remember I had a drill at some point.  Years ago, after I bought it and promptly stripped out a hole in the wall, I went to Home Depot looking for help on how to make the hole smaller to put up the towel rack.  Don't look at me like that, we've ALL done it.  The dude at Home Depot told me I was not drill savvy and should not be tackling such manly projects.  Apparently, I couldn't do it and he couldn't help.  So much for their slogan.  So, I went looking through my garage which is completely out of control messy but I've been waiting for it to cool off to tackle the project.  My idea of fun is not to re-stack boxes in the 120 degree garage.  I found the drill and it doesn't work.  Since I'm not drill savvy, best I can tell the battery thingy has gone bad because it won't charge, so it was back to the knife.  All in all, I think it was a pretty good project.  Same rates at the Aztec Village, $75 plus shipping.

No comments: