Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stack'n um deep, Selling um cheap

Do you remember the mirror I was telling you about in the Trump Las Vegas: An Analysis?  Well, I received an email from the company today saying they are selling them at a 50% discount.  You can now bring one home for $3,475.00.  Watching the stock market and my home value decline everyday, I think this seems like a smart purchase.  I already told the kids we might need to dumb down our college choices.  Don't be thinking so much about Stanford or Harvard, and set your sights more on University of Nevada, Reno.    If you get good grades in high school, they pay for your tuition.   So, yes, with this new college plan, I should go ahead and buy the mirror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the IVY league schools have guaranteed financial aid policies -- meaning if you can get in, they guarantee that finances will not prohibit you from attending.

They will give you first work study, then loans, then grants... to make sure you can afford to attend... The smaller, non-Ivy schools generally don't do this (cuz they don't have the resources)...

FYI.

Melissa said...

Oooohhhhhh - shopping justification. Love it!! Thanks!