Monday, January 18, 2010

South Beach Day 14

Today is the last day of Phase I.  I lost 8 pounds in two weeks.  Not too shabby.  Didn't cheat on the sugar part, and only had carbs with my sushi one night.  Other than that, I did pretty well.  Are the sugar cravings over?  Hmmmm, not so much.  The headache is gone, but I could rip into a cupcake if it were in front of me.  Now, I didn't exercise much.  Really, only two days.  The last time was in Arizona.  I had a couple of hours before a dinner and decided I would jump on the treadmill.  I worked out for 1 hour, then headed back to my room.  Swipe, swipe, swipe, nothing.  Went back for 3 more keys, and none worked.  The card reader was broken.  Ok, so how do we fix it?  No one knew.  The maintence guy was at school, and didn't get out for 3 hours.  Now, I had my phone, my earphones, and my sweaty ass and that was it.  Everything else I owned was locked in the room.  Purse, room keys, money.  Anything that would have enabled me to eat.  When you're on a diet like this, food timing is imperative.  I knew how long I could work out, time to get ready, and get to food before I started to look for small animals to eat.  He shows up at 8:30 to get into my room.  His trick?  A wire under the door which he latched around the handle inside the room.  Doesn't that make you feel safe?  The best part?  THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMP MY ROOM!  The Holiday Inn Express Tucson is off my list. 

So, 12 more pounds to go.  I don't expect it to come off as quickly as before since you start reintroducing foods into your diet.  Need to exercise.  Hearing great things about P90X.  Anyone know anything about it????

No comments: