Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 4 - South Beach

Had a little melt down today.  Had to call Pam for reinforcement, and after she assured me that she didn't do well in Day 4, I felt a little better.  The good news is that I have lost 5 pounds.  Only 15 to go!  The bad news is that I almost assaulted a waitress today at TGI Fridays who happened to walk by me with a piece of cake.  I know these sugar cravings are supposed to go away, but geez.  I had to take a customer out to lunch today and we went to Fridays because it was on property. 

Today, I became one of "those" people.  Me ordering:  Yes, I will have the Raspberry and Pear Grilled Chicken Salad, but could you hold the raspberries, and the pear, and put the dressing on the side?  In fact, don't even bring the dressing, thanks.  Ugh.  Don't you hate those people?  She just looks at me and says, "So, you basically want the chicken and the lettuce."  Yup.  That's my life now.  The skinny bastard I was eating with had chips.  The good, homemade chips.  RIGHT NEXT TO ME!  I wanted to ask him if I could have one just to lick, but it seemed somewhat inappropriate at the time.  Looking back on it, I wish I had asked to lick the chip.  Right now, I would give anything to lick a chip.

Just a word of advice, when you are on a strict diet that is taking away everything you hold dear (wine and sugar), sales is not a great profession.  The rejection is huge.  Usually, I can blow it off.  Today I cried.  CAN SOMEONE JUST BUY MY STINKIN SLOT MACHINE?  IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?  MAKE A STARVIN GIRL HAPPY?

No comments: