Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 5 - South Beach

Nothin.  Not a thing.  No weight loss.  Nothin.

After the day I had yesterday, you would think I would have been rewarded with at least a half pound.  I didn't cheat.  So, this is Day 5.  That's 5 days without sugar, alcohol, and I think I've eaten more vegetables this week than I have in my entire life. 

Last night, Robert came home late from work (big shock).  He's been going out to eat most of the week, and since I hadn't heard from him until 7:30, I assumed he was going out again.  He gets home about 9 and wonders what is for dinner.  Little did he know the big surprise in store.  I had made Southbeach Shepard's Pie.  Basically, it is low-fat ground beef, edamame, onions, and their "surprise" mashed potatoes (cauliflower) on the top.  Robert is a huge food snob, so I made sure I told him that this was sustenance food, not food  food.

He took one bite and said, "I think I would rather die early."  Nice.

No comments: