Friday, May 8, 2009

I've created a monster

I have a big meeting today where I will wear a suit, but don't really need to get dressed up yet to take Tay to school.  So, I throw on a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes.  Hair in a pony.  Hey, I showered.

Taylor comes in the room and looks at me and says, "Your outfit just screams Target." 

Nice.

This is the same child that when she was 7, and we were in Australia, came into the room while I was getting ready for work.  It was 4:00 in the morning, but she was up because it took awhile for everyone to get adjusted to the time difference.  I woke up really early so I could drive to work when no one else was on the road.  It was SOOOOO scary driving.  Wrong side of the road and wrong side of the car.  Anyway, she comes in all sleepy, rubs her little eyes, lifts her head up from my feet to my eyes very slowly, and says, "You aren't going to wear that, are you?" 

You might think it is mean, but the little thing doesn't have a mean bone in her body.  The sad truth is that she's right.  Fifty percent of my outfit was from Target, and it was time to lose the tight skirt.  All those years of nagging her about her clothes are blowing up in my face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky! Riley's new gig is to wear crazy patterned kneesocks with shorts. EVERYDAY! I think she has an Erkel complex! I did draw the line however at suspenders! I keep telling myself it is just a phase and thank God it's not black eyeliner and black fingernails! And, the socks are cheap at Target! Did I mention the afro wig? God help me!
Love you! Lori

Melissa said...

We have the afro wig as well!! Plus the big sunglasses. These girls were separated at birth!! We are counting on Riley being here over the 4th and for a week or two after...