Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol Conspiracy Theory

I'm in Arizona again this week. Home away from home. In the past week, I have only slept in my own bed one day. Last weekend, we went to Seattle to see the Red Sox series of games, which was awesome but extended my travels. I will have to reintroduce myself to the kids when I get home.

I had dinner with an old friend here this week and he has an interesting American Idol conspiracy theory that he shared with me on Monday, two days before the finale. He is convinced that the whole thing is rigged. I was a couple of beers into it, so bear with me while I try to repeat it. It goes something like this:

He was convinced that Kris would win because he could only sell CD's if he won. Adam had to make the top 2 to avoid controversy. So, it was ok that Gokey had to go at number 3 because he will still sell CD's and have a career. This has happened over the past as well. Basically, it is all about the record producers selling the maximum number of CD's.

He actually may be on to something. I have another theory and it was that after Adam heard the "winning" song, he did not want that to be his first single and he begged everyone he knew to vote for Kris. How bad is that song?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, the song is awful--written by the new Idol judge Kara De!@#$%^--by the way, who the heck is this gal and how in the world did she get to be a judge on this show? She is really horrible with her comments and btw, Simon hates her--it's pretty obvious. So, I think Adam didn't win because he already looks like a rock star with the manliner and hair do. They have to get someone they can redesign (if you will) into some unreconizeable star (see recent pics of David Cook--looks like a freak with that hair now!) And Kris fit that part. Plus he is from AR. and with alot of experience with folks from that state, they needed to let the world know that AR. really has more potential than overalls, washer/dryers on the front porch and moonshine. So much of what your friend said is true, with a little hillbilly thrown in.--Krys