Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boring

I haven't posted much lately because there is absolutely nothing going on.  Oh, I did get the job.  I start next week.  I'm reluctant to release many details because not all the paperwork is complete and I don't want to jinx it.  I will give full disclosure soon.  So, this week has been running around town Mach 5 with my hair on fire (love that saying!) trying to get everyone organized with everything they will need next week while I am away.  That includes to and from rides to football 3 days a week, weightlifting 2 days a week, and dance 6 days a week.  Really, all I am is a car service.  I have threatened to look into how much it would be just to hire a car to take these kids around.  Seems cheaper than a nanny, and they don't really need to be "babysat" anymore.  Yes, but that would require too much effort and it is my last week of freedom.

We could talk about the crazy lady who wants to look like Angelina Jolie who just had 8 kids because she needs attention.  Nah, too easy.

We could talk about how I am knee deep into all this training, and I try to keep my workouts posted on the blog so you can see that I am really working at it.  Wouldn't you think that doing all that exercise would make you lose weight.  Nope.  I've gained 5 pounds.  Just goes to show you, it's all about eating.  Or not eating.  Oh, and it's not muscle.  Muscle doesn't jiggle.

We could talk about Valentine's Day and what a stupid holiday it is.  Seriously, what is the point?  Unless I'm getting really expensive jewelry, I'm just not that into it.  Do people really need reminded to do something nice for their significant other? I have to be creative for all these other holidays (birthday, father's day, anniversary).  Frankly, it's exhausting.  I'm making a cake for Taylor's class.  Will post the photo later today.  Didn't you love/hate Valentine's Day at school?  It took so much time to pick out the right valentine for everyone, because you didn't want the smelly kid in your class to get the wrong impression.  How tragic would it have been if one said, Bee Mine, with a picture of a bee on it and he thought you wanted to go together.  Gasp.  Also, when did buying presents for your kids come into play?  I thought this was more for your sweetheart, not your children.  Everyone knows we love the children better anyway.  My friend, Lori, always said it best when talking to her husband, "These are my children.  You are just some stranger I met in a bar."  Don't you love that?

The pressure that comes with Valentine's Day is stifling.  The pressure to come up with a good gift.  The pressure of the women in the office that get flowers, and trying to persuade everyone in the office through clenched teeth that your relationship is fine even though the louse didn't send flowers.  Not that you really want them anyway because it is a waste of money, but it's all about the show.  What about the pressure if you're single?  Do you know that Valentine's Day has a very high suicide rate? 

I say we revolt.  I do have to make the stupid cake, and I will probably get the kids a candy heart, and buy my husband a card, and probably make a chocolate soufflé, and some huge dinner, but nothing else.  After all, I'm not celebrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being that my kids are 3.9 mos. and .3 Mos., do you recommend that I do not get the kids gift thing started now? Oooopps, too late, already bought them something. I am doomed for the next 12 years, right?--Krys

SJC said...

I see you stuck by your pledge to revolt. HA! I wasn't any better.