Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Old People are Mean

When my mother was younger, you could honestly say she was one of the nicest people in the world. I'm not saying she was going to fall over herself doing things for you, but she always had a smile on her face (except when I got caught sneaking out) for everyone around her. I was having a conversation with my sister today and she told me that Mom was mean to the lady who did her hair. I was shocked. She was always too proper and too concerned with what other people thought to make anyone mad at her or be rude to people. Now she doesn't give a shit who she offends and what she says. Of course, my first thought was about myself. Can you imagine what a raging bitch I will be at that age? I'm not near as nice as she was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U will be fine my friend. You are the most giving understanding person I know--no chance you having the 'true' Maxine gene in you--maybe little pats of butter in the oven called 'cookies', but no Max gene. --Krys

Tara said...

I agree Old people are mean and my mom is one of them and she isn't really old...yet!! she is off her rocker! Erik tells me, if I ever act like her we are getting divorced...HAHAHa....