Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Airplane Bathroom Etiquette

One of the most debated and biggest frustration for women is the toilet seat debate.  Seriously, how hard is it to put down the toilet seat?  About as hard as replacing the toilet paper, I think.  Both seem tricky for most men.  Leaving the toilet seat up is a clear statement of control and power.  Men do not own the toilet seat.  Men don't get to decide that the normal position of the seat is up.  If it were meant to be up, it would be decorated better so it looked good in the up position.  Now, it just looks like it has been cleaned and no one put it back down. 

Toilet seat

I don't have this problem in my house as my husband is a gentleman, and Nick is too lazy to put it up in the first place.  However, while I was on my flights last week, I had to use the restroom on the plane.  Usually this is something I can avoid, but the 5+ hours of flight time sometimes get me.  I stand up and start to climb over my husband to get to the aisle, and the 50ish year old man behind me jumps up and rushes in front of me to the restroom.  He clearly saw me and was just being a jerk.  So, he comes out of the bathroom and I move in.  HE LEFT THE SEAT UP.  Ugh.  Now, if we can get past the point where it is just rude, WHICH WE CAN'T, it is also extremely unsanitary.  If you don't put the toilet's lid down before, the forceful flush will vault microscopic bits and pieces of the throne's remnants into the air like a windblown dandelion. So, not only is he a gross disgusting man, but now he has catapulted little bits of shit all over the bathroom. 

Thankfully, I'm not married to this guy because if he does it on the plane, you KNOW his wife falls in.  Can we be a little considerate to fellow passengers? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this lends a whole new meaning to the term "sky pee"!

Love you!

Lori

SJC said...

We've been laughing for an hour over this post. Too funny!! Shad